Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Beer Soaked Pretzel Crusted Chicken!!

Hello hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day! Yesterday Matt and I played it low key like it was a Sunday you know laundry, cleaning and grocery shopping! My brain was ticking yesterday about what I wanted to cook for dinner so I came up with Beer Soaked Pretzel Crusted Chicken! YUM! Here is the recipe I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Ingredients:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- tablespoon of peanut butter (slightly melted)
- 1 beer of your choice (I always use seasonal beer in my cooking Sam Adams Summer Ale or Saint Arnold)
- teaspoon of paprika
-tablespoon of honey
-1-2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- tablespoon of season salt
- teaspoon of pepper
- tablespoon of onion powder
- half a bag of pretzels (I prefer twists but sticks would work as well)

First things first poke your chicken breasts a few times with a fork and put them into a bowl with 3/4 a bottle of beer. You will need 1/4 of it later. Let them sit for about 20 minutes.
In a separate bowl you need to put the eggs, honey, rest of the beer, peanut butter, paprika and sprinkle of garlic powder. Beat together until smooth.

I another bowl add pretzels (crush in Ziploc to avoid mess and hurt hands :) ), garlic powder, season salt, onion powder, cayenne pepper and black pepper. You want to make sure pretzels are crushed small enough to stick to the chicken.

Now 1 by 1 you will add the chicken to the egg and beer mixture then roll into bowl with pretzels. Make sure you cover them all liberally. Place in 13x9 pan that has been sprayed with Pam or greased with butter. After you cover all four breasts, distribute the remaining mixture of spices and pretzels over them in the baking dish.

Pre-heat oven to 375 and bake for 35-40 minutes depending on how big your breasts are.

Put on a plate and devour. This has been one of my favorite recipes I have made so far! Tonight...Stromboli so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment