Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Easy and Delicious Stromboli

I cannot believe it is already Wednesday! This week is going quickly! Apparently I have been living in hole because my mom called to make sure I was alive lol. I am just cleaned the whole apartment yesterday and been baking today :) Busy girl!

Anywho this is a recipe I made up last year during football season and it is now a family favorite. It's a simple version of what you could consider Stromboli. I make it on week nights when I want something quick or I make it for parties when I want something that looks complicated ;)


I hope you all will enjoy this as much as my family and I do!

Ingredients:

- 1 package of seamless Pillsbury sheets (you can use crescent rolls you just have to press them together)
- Garlic powder
- Dried Basil
- Italian seasoning
- 6 slices deli pepperoni
- 6 slices of Genoa salami (both meats you can find pre packaged next to the deli)
- block of mozzarella cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt


First press the dough out flat and stretch it as far as it will go. Next sprinkle with garlic, basil and Italian seasoning. I usually cover it pretty well.

Next you want to cut the slices into strips lengthwise. I usually do the pepperoni first and then the salami. Then place in anyway you want. I use to do a pretty pattern....now it looks like this :)
Now you will cut up the mozzarella and put it on. I do pretty good size chunks but not too big that they will tear through the dough when you roll it. I try to place it in spots I can still see the dough so it all sticks together good.
Now we roll. Carefully! I usually don't have any problem with it tearing especially if your using the seamless dough sheets. When you finishing rolling make sure you secure the seam and put it as the bottom touching the cookie sheet.

Now coat the top with olive oil so that it gets a nice brown top when it bakes. Then sprinkle with salt to add a little flavor. Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 15-17 minutes.

This is your end product! Isn't it pretty! Look at the gooey cheese! Slice and enjoy! I recommend a very sharp knife it will be easier to slice neatly!
Give me some feedback guys let me know what your thinking!

1 comment: