Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mom's Famous Stuffed Mushroom!

Hello again! I know LONG time since I posted last! So sorry! We are getting things ready for my brothers wedding in September so I have been taking care of somethings.

My grandma is in town from Boston for my brothers wedding shower so we had dinner with her last night! I cannot wait to get her recipe for clam chowder!

Anyways, a lot of nights when I am alone because Matt is off playing softball, kickball or tennis lol I make my moms stuffed mushroom for myself. Now usually we wouldn't eat this unless it was Christmas Eve but it is my favorite. She makes it better than me but I try!

Now I know it sounds complicated but it really isn't hard at all! I hope you enjoy! THANKS MOM!

Ingredients:

1 pound of mushroom
1/2 stick of butter
1 egg slightly beaten
1 small onion
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 tablespoon chopped parsley (I use dried)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
Parmesan cheese

First things first you need to pull the stems out of the mushroom CAREFULLY! Don't yank because you will leave most of the stem inside and have no room to stuff it! TWISTING is the key!

Next you need to finely chop the stems because they will be a part of your stuffing. Next chop your onion pretty finely as well! Add to the skillet with the butter!

Let the stems and onion saute to for about 5 minutes. Next is usually crack my egg in a small bowl or a measuring cup and beat it. We do this so it doesn't begin to fry when you drop it in the skillet! I usually beat it and then add the wine to the same cup! 
Next you will add the egg/wine to the skillet and stir quickly. Then add the parsley and bread crumbs. Stir together and add in salt and pepper! 
Now you are ready to start stuffing! Using a spoon add to each mushroom making a small mound on top. Then you need to sprinkle each one with Parmesan cheese and top with a small square of butter.

Heat the oven to 375 degrees and bake for 15 minutes. DELICIOUS! Let me know what you think! Have a wonderful weekend! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment